Hi. I’m Mark Robinson.
I'm a concept-driven, highly-experienced, award-winning Creative Director of the Art Directing persuasion.
I’ve created effective, noisy and award-winning work at agencies large and small.
I’ve directed and co-ordinated creative work for all types of accounts such as national retailers, global brands and homeopathic pile cream manufacturers.
My job is to inspire creative people to create the best work they can.
How do I do that?
I lock them in a darkened server room with poor ventilation and inform them they’re not permitted to come out until they’ve ‘done something good’.
More often than not, it works.
CreativeRace / Gratterpalm - Creative Director 2012 - 2016
Uber Agency - Creative Director 2007 - 2012
Foote Cone Belding London - Senior Creative 1998 - 2007
Banks Hoggins O'Shea - Junior Creative 1993 - 1998
Aside from award wins, there are certain experiences and achievements that have shaped my career as an Art Director and Creative Director.
• I have worked in several global FCB network offices including San Fransisco, Milan, Hamburg, Paris and Budapest.
• Judged Creative Circle Awards • Tutored on IPA 4 for account handlers • Judged Ariel Radio Awards • Ran D&AD workshops • Tutored at the Creative Circle Role Reversal Seminars • Ran workshops and lectured at several colleges including Buckinghamshire Advertising Course and Leeds College of Art.
• I have directed TV commercials and virals. My directorial debut, the Lionel Blair viral, was voted The Sun’s viral of the week and FHM’s viral of the month. The second, the Wizz air TV commercial, was a finalist at Cannes. The third, for Ultimate Poker, was a complex shoot filming wild animals. And finally, the Wayne Rooney viral received coverage around the world off the back of a daft gag and a weeny budget.
• Not that they are the be all and end all... but I have been fortunate enough to win and be nominated for various awards throughout my career.
BT Business In The Community for BAAF • Cannes Finalist for Wizz Air • Creative Circle Bronze for Lucies Farm • Campaign Press Silver for Lucies Farm • Gramia Award for Lucies Farm • Gramia Gold for Weetabix • Campaign Press Commendation for Waitrose • Campaign Press Silver for Waitrose • IPA Best of the Best Awards Nomination for Best Art Director • Gramia Gold for Waitrose • Cannes Finalist for Nelsons Haemorrhoid Cream • Creative Circle Bronze for Virgin Interactive • Clio Award Finalist for Daihatsu TV • New York Festivals Finalist for Daihatsu TV • Aerial Awards Finalist for Daihatsu • Chipshop Awards for various • Fresh Awards for DFS • Roses Awards for Gratterpalm
• Without wishing to sound like a screaming show pony I am most proud of winning Sony's Undiscovered Photographer of the Year Competition.